Wednesday, April 18, 2012

All About Faces

More practice. They do say practice makes perfect right? Well, I'm am not perfect and my faces are definitely not perfect but I have a feeling they will get there eventually. I worked on these yesterday. Really love the fashion ladies but my Tangle gal is my favorite... these are just the ones I'm willing to share. You can not imagine the number of faces I made that I threw away or erased.


The fashion ladies were inspired by a book I have called Collage Couture by Julie Nutting. The book looked fun and I had fun putting them together. Kind of like making paper dolls only a little bit more intense.

I did finish another journal today and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all these journals I've been making. This was my first one using the Japanese Screw Punch and it worked well to punch the holes but they were too big, so I'm gong to have to order a smaller tip. It's still usable but if using paint, I may have to put tape up the middle of that page to prevent the paint from seeping to the binding or other pages.

Before the signatures were sewn.

Fabric that I put on the spine to add a little interest. I left the cover as it was in good shape but it could be embellished or painted over.

Most of the pages are pastel paper, watercolor paper, scrap paper or some handmade paper from India.

I hope everyone is having a great week. I have to get ready for a show this weekend so probably not so much art but more jewelry designing and organizing for the next several days for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment